Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Don't blame us.

So, I'm a lil' bitter towards the queer community, I mean the queer white male community. So, after getting visibly emotional after an Obama victory [I cried thrice in the evening and, then, thrice in the morning], I was disappointed with Prop. 8's passing [though I knew it was going to pass, esp. thanks to the Central Valley and all those posters I saw around the area' clear sign it was going to pass, in mon point de vue]. But, then 'em [white male] queers started to blame Blacks and Latin@s for the passing of the[ir] proposition. Umm, no. Wait a minute. Stop. Don't blame us for its passing. After hearing and reading QPOC's opinions and thoughts on the issue, I'm tired of it. Ok, Prop. 8 pass. It was "unconstitutional" from the beginning. But when the media started covering anti-8 rallies post-last Tuesday's results and then I realized [again] that immigration has been very much absent in this never-ending, but thankfully fini, election season, it makes me irksome. Where was the media when mis herman@s were out there speaking against the inhumane treatment towards immigrants? Where was the colloboration between the queer community(ies) and immigrant/POC communitIES? Why isn't there dialogue happening between our causes? Why is everything rest in isolation?

In any case, I'm still a lil' bitter...well, it's added bitterness that I have towards that/my community(ies). Irksome, indeed. Damn the rhetoric! I suggest however the read this article about the myths and truths exposed about who voted for/against the aforementioned proposition.

Don't blame us. White people voted for it to pass, tambien. Let's dialogue across/between causes. & work proactively together.

No comments: