Sunday, September 7, 2008

"More than a Google Internet search"

I really do enjoy the LaTiempos, especially when Steinem writes.

A few excerpts I enjoyed de la Sra. Palin:

Title: "Palin: Wrong Woman, Wrong Message" by Steinem [04/09/2008]:

"Palin shares nothing but a chromosome with Clinton." [¡Eso mero!]

"To vote in protest for McCain/Palin would be like saying, "Somebody stole my shoes, so I'll amputate my legs." "[" "]

"When asked last month about the vice presidency, [Palin] said, "I still can't answer that question until someone answers for me: What is it exactly that the VP does every day?" When asked about Iraq, she said, "I haven't really focused much on the war in Iraq." " [What a great response!]

"[Palin] was elected governor largely because the incumbent was unpopular."

"McCain could have chosen a woman who knows what a vice president does and who has thought about Iraq; someone like Texas Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison or Sen. Olympia Snowe of Maine."

"[Palin] opposes just about every issue that women support by a majority or plurality."

Gotta love a smart, well-versed mujer. Steinem for VP [?].

No comments: